Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Funny behavior of undo-redo command.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing the same as me:

I usually use the undo and redo command to select items that I pasted into the drawings. That is: i paste multiple objects into a plan, press undo, press redo- and my pasted objects are now selected! Up until AC11 this has been working flawlessly, but in AC12(int) in cases when I have fills present on the plan with "show area" activated, these will be selected as well as my recently pasted items.

I've checked the forum to see if i could find anybody else with the same problem, but couldn't, so i guess I'm the only one doing it like this. which leads me to my next question - how do u guys select pasted objects?

Best regards, Bjørn
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bjorn wrote:
That is: i paste multiple objects into a plan, press undo, press redo- and my pasted objects are now selected! Up until AC11 this has been working flawlessly, but in AC12(int) in cases when I have fills present on the plan with "show area" activated, these will be selected as well as my recently pasted items.
Hi Bjørn,

I can confirm this strange behavior in AC12 (in AC11 it works ok).
I'm using the same method as you to select pasted objects. Until now I wasn't aware of this bug. Let's hope Graphisoft will work on it.
Meantime, maybe someone else has another way to quickly select pasted objects.

Cheers.
Adrian Tudoreanu
jbArch
Newcomer
I have tried, but cannot replicate this behavior... undo/redo works fine for me even when fills on the plan are set to "show area text".

Note that I'm on a mac, with the latest AC12 hotfix (#2420) and USA version.
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
I reproduced this problem with AC 12 R2325 Win INT and updated it to R2420 after that. The problem has been fixed in this release.

Thank you, jbArch, for your message.
Anonymous
Not applicable
So, im happy that they fixed it in the international version, after checking i found i'm using a version called "2325 NOR FULL" and there is no 2420 available for the NOR users yet. I guess it will be coming soon.

thanks for all the advice,

Bjørn
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bjorn wrote:

I usually use the undo and redo command to select items that I pasted into the drawings. ....

.... - how do u guys select pasted objects?

I Experience the same Problems (AC14 Build 3269 GER FUL)
Sloppy Programming I guess.
I don't know a easy workaround or alternative to select pasted Drawings
Anonymous
Not applicable
While not the most elegant solution you could Drag the Elements a set distance in the x or y direction away from the model. Once pasted you can Marquee select them. Also if you have a Datum or upper story with no model element on that story you could first bring the Objects in on that story and then Cut from that story, go to proper story and paste.

For what it is worth I paste in objects the same way. If I find it a problem I would just turn off the layer the fills are on temporarily.