Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Unknow Crashing. Unable to uses AC12 – Need help Urgently

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all

Iv got a HP Pavillion DV9000 Laptop 17” Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz 2gb ram 256mg nVidia GeForce 7600 graphics card 160gig hard drive running Vista and archicad simply wont run on it. I can open up any old drawings, or start any new drawings. But I get about 3 or 4 minutes work done and it will lock up and crash.. no particular tool is causing it that I can notice.. some times its when im using the line tool, some time the dim tool, sometimes panning etc.. nothing consistent to narrow it down.. It just seems to be random. The problem is pretty much rendering the laptop unusable with archicad.. other then archicad the laptop works fine and problem free.

im running the latest version of nortons. This was disabled when I installed AC12 (nortons disable and enabled AC12 still has the same problems) No message or bug messages are coming up.. archicad just locks up and I have to “end program” through the task manager to close it.. sometime that wont even close it forcing me to restart the laptop. The lap top is almost never on the internet unless im looking for updates for the programs/hardware I use

I have the windows firewall turned off, as im running the nortons one.. but even with both disabled the problem is still happening

installed the latest WIBU

installed the latest AC12 update

installed the lasted video card drivers for the laptop.

I cant think of anything that it could be that’s causing it other then memory issue or graphics card.. does the graphics car I have support archicad12??

I have 2 gig of memory, once I get everything up and running down the bottom right corner of AC12 it says I have 1.1gig of free memory for archicad to use.. which is more then the 1.0 that archicads minimum requirements

Im really stuck and cant work out what the issue is?????????
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would suggest that you save the Crash report and send it to GS through your reseller.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
there is no report or bug message.. it just locks up and i have to close it through task manager
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Then it may be a problem more fundamental than ArchiCAD. Could be some hardware issue, like some faulty component or overheating or something like that because this is very unusual behavior.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
Try playing with the "Advanced Redraw Options" in the work environment.

Turn the 2D Antialiasing off and try moving the slider bars more to the left.

I have found on some of our machines that if 2D antialiasing is on the machine crashes (to the windows blue screen of death) unless we have the latest drivers installed.

I can't say this will work but might be worth a try.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erika Epstein
Booster
the HP pavillions, I had one once, have a history of problems overheating. Send it back to HP for repair if not for replacement or return.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"