Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

gAAH, low walls that I want to see on stories upwards?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I have alot of low walls on different levels, in a combination like a stair. I want that my walls that are under my current story are visible but I can't set that in my wall setup. Before we got multistory walls I think we got a function "Show on stories" like we have in our object tool.

Why I'm using Walltool is because of complex profiles and rounded corners.

Could this thing be done in ArchiCad 12??? And if, how??
7 REPLIES 7
rocorona
Booster
Not the GOOD solution, but the quicker: Copy walls to destination story, then explode to 2D elements.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
That works, but then I guess create 2d lines directly are better for me. I could draw all levels with slabs, but then I doesn't get my profiles in the sections / elevations.
2d lines are the melody I guess, gaaah.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, i think a combination of setting the wall to show on all relevant stories, show entire element/ to absolute display limit (not sure which will suit best)
AND setting the Floor cutting plane to show down storeys will do the trick for you. Remember the FCP gets saved with your viewset.
HTH
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Tobias:

I was able to accomplish this with the following wall settings, the cut pen shows on the lower story, the uncut on the upper story. As xristina says, you will also need to set the Floor Plan Cut Plane for each view correctly for this to work.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your answer, I don't know if you haven't understand me or if there is something wrong in our SWE version.

But I can't make archicadwall behave like my attached picture.

I tried your settings many times and different settings but nothing will work like I want.

What you see in my "What I want on +3.00" is that I see the walls that are on story 0 too, not only story 1. Can I do this without cheating?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now it works!! It was in the "floor plan cut plane" I had something wrong in my setup.

Thank you!
rocorona
Booster
ok, but what are your settings for the Floor Cutting Plane?
If you want to see "more" down, you have to set it there, AND in the Wall settings box.
Edit: Too slow in writing...

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10