Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

interior elevation markers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I like the look of the simple interior elevation marker shown. I like how compact it is. I am having two problems with it, if anyone knows how to remedy the situation I would be very grateful.

1. When I delete one or more of the interior elevations It unlinks the reference to the drawing. I have double checked the links and everything is ok. When I restore all the interior elevations it works again. I am using the IE marker 1 when doing this. The only fix that i have for this is to change the text to custom but that defeats the pupose of linking drawings if I still have to spend all my time checking keys. Check out kitchen space marker.

2. I want to be able to add additional keys that are linked to specific drawings. trying to keep my graphics the same throughout my drawings. Quite a few times i connect interior elevations to show how the spaces relate to one another. The problem is that there are multiple spaces and it would be nice to be able to place a key in each of the spaces so that the person reading them doesn't have to go searching for it. I can go in and make a key that looks the same but i can not link it to the drawings, thus voiding the benefit of linking. The key that should be in the intermediate hall space the two elevations are drawn in one long elevations where the other two are captured in the elevations of the bathroom.

any thoughts
2 REPLIES 2
Stress Co_
Advisor
tjbota wrote:
1. When I delete one or more of the interior elevations It unlinks the reference to the drawing.
Does it happen when just the North Elevation is deleted? It's a bug.... read HERE, 7 or 8 posts down. James had a workaround.
tjbota wrote:
2. I want to be able to add additional keys that are linked to specific drawings. trying to keep my graphics the same throughout my drawings.
I don't think you can link more than one IE marker to a drawing/viewpoint.
One suggestion, if you do use a IE marker with "Custom" text... assign a RED pen for the marker (in model view - black for layout) so you can identify (by color) which markers need to be updated manually.
EDIT: For Bad grammar... typing too fast.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks,

Two great ideas,

You were right about the bug. For the deleting of elevations, I ended up just placing them off to the side, on the correct layout, and made its ID a period "." that way a simple dot only shows up where the number is suppose to be. I also changed the elevations to manually update so it is not slowing down my computer.

I ended up using custom text and changing the colors for the additional keys. It seems a little silly that you can link section markers all you want but not interior elevations. I am going to try and figure that one out in my spare time, so no time soon.