Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Help, No Fills available for Selection

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been working on a project for awhile now and I am attempting to use fills for materials (paving patterns, etc) as I have done in dozens of projects before. For some reason, when I open the Fill Settings Dialog box, there are no longer any fills to choose from...I have tried importing attributes from other files that have active fill materials that are still working and changeable but this did not work. I also noticed that the pens are not the same there is only 1 lineweight available, I dont know if it is just this file, if its fixable or what...Please help, I would really not like to have to start this over.

Thanks,
Mike
9 REPLIES 9
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
What category is each Fill (Drafting Fill, Cut Fill, and/or Cover Fill)? You can check/change them in the Fill Types dialog or Attribute Manager.

According to the Advanced panel of your Fill Settings dialog, you will only be able to see the Drafting Fills. So the fills will need to be assigned the Drafting Fills category, or (less desirably) you could change the fill category in the advanced panel.

Cheers,
Link.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
mcoff35 wrote:
/....., when I open the Fill Settings Dialog box, there are no longer any fills to choose from.../....
Mike, check your Fill Types to see if your fills are available.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
For some reason it will not let me select the cover fills or cut fills in this file, but in previous files it does and the materials library is available... I did happen to take this file from another student, but that has not caused problems in the past. Thanks for all the help.

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable
Image from file worked on about 6 weeks ago, with all fills available
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
In your first image you are selecting an Image fill, which can only be used as a drafting fill. Try different fills.

Cheers,
Link.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Link: From the image it seems he is in the Fill Types Dialog but most of the fills are missing.

mcoff35: Maybe you have used the purge unused attributes in the Attribute Manager which deleted all fills not actually used by any elements.
You can get hold of a previous copy of the file open in in Attribute Manager and transfer the fill types to your current project.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
laszlonagy wrote:
Link: From the image it seems he is in the Fill Types Dialog but most of the fills are missing.
Sure, but if they are all somehow assigned the incorrect category, then they won't show up unless he shows a different category or changes them. I just think that would be the first port of call before exploring other scenarios is all.

Cheers,
Link.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Link: I just reread the whole thread from the beginning.
Maybe there is really some misassignment and corruption in the file if he cannot even import Fill Types from another project file.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Everybody,
Thanks for all the help, I eventually solved the problem by simply copying all of the work I had done and pasting it into a new Archicad Template, which seemed to have solved all of the problems. I think the issue could have originated because it was originally an Autocad DWG file that may not have been fully converted into an Archicad file and some how lost all of these attributes...nonetheless, the simple ole copy and paste method seemed to do the trick.

Thanks again,
Mike