Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

How to make/import textures, and how to do wood paneling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I import textures into Archicad, and when I make a new texture in Archicad by duplicating an existing texture, it doesn't come up in other projects, only that one. How do I make it so that it does show up in all of them?

Also I'm trying to put wood paneling into an office. What's the best way to achieve this?

Thanks.

FYI this is what I want to do.
7 REPLIES 7
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
adamvk wrote:
How do I import textures into Archicad, and when I make a new texture in Archicad by duplicating an existing texture, it doesn't come up in other projects, only that one. How do I make it so that it does show up in all of them?
adamvk:

Materials are an attribute of each project file, not centrally stored (like library parts). You can use the Attribute Manager to move materials (as well as other attributes) between files. You should create a template file for starting projects, and add the materials you want to use as standards to this file, so the materials will be part of the file.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. What about the wood paneling? Or importing textures? I ask because I downloaded some objects for Archicad, and they had the .gsm file, and a bunch of textures. Importing the .gsm file without the textures did not work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The images used as textures must be loaded with current Libraries. Place them together in a suitable folder location and load with Library Manager.

As for wall panelling, do you have Wall Accessories or Interior Wizard? (Under Design> Design Extras menu, but they may be goodies. We get them as standard). Interior Wizard works with Zones, so I've never used it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
The images used as textures must be loaded with current Libraries. Place them together in a suitable folder location and load with Library Manager.

As for wall panelling, do you have Wall Accessories or Interior Wizard? (Under Design> Design Extras menu, but they may be goodies. We get them as standard). Interior Wizard works with Zones, so I've never used it.
Thanks.

For design Extras, I have only the standard Roof maker and Truss maker. You said they may be goodies. What 3rd Party app do you have for that, or do you have version 12?

Maybe I should just spring for Archicad 12.
Erich
Contributor
The goodies are free from Graphisoft. To get them look in your help menu for "ArchiCAD ## Goodies" where the ## is your ArchiCAD version number. Selecting that menu item will open you browser to a page where you can download the goodies desired.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich wrote:
The goodies are free from Graphisoft. To get them look in your help menu for "ArchiCAD ## Goodies" where the ## is your ArchiCAD version number. Selecting that menu item will open you browser to a page where you can download the goodies desired.
Ah thank you very much, that helps a lot.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok the problem is I have no accessories, where can I download paneling?