Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Save a GDL Object from v.12 in old version

Mario Sacco
Expert
I have some objects that I want to save from version 12 to version 9. Is there a method to save the objects without copy/past the scripts and rewrite all the parameters?
Obviously with a compatibility of command in the script.
HI
Mario
MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/
3 REPLIES 3
owen
Newcomer
mariosmic wrote:
I have some objects that I want to save from version 12 to version 9. Is there a method to save the objects without copy/past the scripts and rewrite all the parameters?
Obviously with a compatibility of command in the script.
HI
Mario
You can use the XML Converter to save back down to previous versions - see this thread for more

As you say compatibility of commands will be the issue ... the converter cannot do anything about commands that did not exist in earlier versions of GDL. The XML Converter tools are in the Library Developer Kit you can download from Graphisoft and there is also some documentation with an obscure link (search for XML Converter on the ArchiCAD Wiki)
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Mario Sacco
Expert
owen wrote:
You can use the XML Converter to save back down to previous versions
Ok, thank you very much. I have tried but, but I have had some problems with the promt of DOS......I hate this method!!
I'll try it again.

Mario
MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/
owen
Newcomer
Double check your spelling .. i made this mistake (see above) mixing up the number '1' and the letter 'el' as they looked very similar due to the font in the documentation.

Been a long time since i have sat looking at the DOS prompt ... not sure i would remember what to do!
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5