BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Importing DWG problem.. Urgent

Anonymous
Not applicable
iv got some DWG's from an architect that we want to redraw in archicad to get a 3d model render of the project..

he sent them over as 7 different files

6 files each one is one of 6 units going on the block and the last file is the site plan.

i can import tthe site plan as normal..
but when i import the DWG's for each of the units it wont work.. instead of the 2d drawing coming in i get a blank view coming in and its about 30km x 30km in size... ??

iv checked scales . nothing

iv tried exploding the drawing in auto cad then blocking it out as a separate DWG and still does the exact same thing..

hope that makes some kinda sense.. but i cant work out what would be causing it?
3 REPLIES 3
Chazz
Enthusiast
Instead of importing, try opening. If you did this already, did you look to see if Layouts were created?

Sometimes I've seen this blank file behavior and usually you need to just ask for a file saved to a different version, etc.

Have you tried opening it in another (viewer) app like edrawings?

I feel your pain.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
nah iv just opened it in auto cad and re saved it as different versions and no mater what i do when i import them they are just huge plank views..

the original DWG uses layouts but i put it all in to modle space and blocked it out as a drawing with no layouts. even then no love... same problems.

ill try open them with AC.. didnt know u could do that..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz wrote:
Instead of importing, try opening.
winah! thanks
Learn and get certified!