Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL using the call function

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created an object that uses the call function. My problem is that the specified height I need the object to be set at is in the called object. and the I have it now is ADDX X_ but this must be put before the call in order to be set. This works but it is sloppy because you have to regenerate the object after you set the parameters. Does anyone have solution?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Hhd801, (!?)

Maybe if you post the objects here someone can give it a look.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the script. I had to save only the minimum call objects to protect the third party developer copyrights.

Thanks,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Chip,

I gave a look at the objects and I have to confess its a little hard to localize the problem... Missing calls warnings and other things...

Can you create a couple of simple objects replicating the issue you are experiencing?... It would help us help you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Script_problem.gsm is the main object. the other objects are the the ones being called. The best guess I can establish is I need a way to request or call etc.. without it drawing the object maybe located in the master script to establish the default height of the object so when the gosub is active it has the height before the call is being made. Its like I am putting the carriage before the horse and the script needs to be refreshed in order to have the values established. Let me know if this helps?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chip,

Take a look at GDL Reference Manual page 222...

I think "RETURNED_PARAMETERS" from a "CALL" placed in the master script (as you suggested) can do the job.

Hope that helps.