Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Please, how to create a white roof?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please,

how can I create a white roof like this picture in Archicad?

(please see the attachment)

Thank you!

Cristiano M. Magalhaes
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are several options (library parts, add-ons) for modeling the tile. Setting the material (color) will depend on the method/product used, but in the case of library parts there is always the option to override the internal settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew,

do you know some material "downloadable" in the internet?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can probably find the material you are looking for in the defaults or modify one to your needs. It's the modeling part that's trickier. You could also model the tiles as profiled "beams" and then distribute them across the roofs. If you do this make sure they are on a layer with a distinct (unique is probably best) intersection priority. Lots of beams can slow things down if they are trying to intersect with things they don't need to.
Dwight
Newcomer
And of course, there's the roof accessory that produces "Italian Tiles" that are fairly close to what you need.

An alternative is to take any tile texture in the library and use the texture only as a bump map on a white surface to emulate the tile shapes. You'd make the base material white.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
crixtiano wrote:
Please,

how can I create a white roof like this picture in Archicad?

(please see the attachment)

Thank you!

Cristiano M. Magalhaes
If the question is about spanish roof tiles you can check the tool I made

http://atila-diffusion.eu/index.php?page=objetsgdl&onglet=OTC3D07

it is called 3D Spanish Roof Tiles. With this object you can choose either one material or random materials (up to 10) to be assigned to each tile. The object can change its behavior according to the scale (you can even force it) It is available in french and english version. If you use an ARCHICAD 9 or earlier an older version is available aswell