Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

dimension text location in rotated orientation

Anonymous
Not applicable
In rotated orientations, my dimension text is rotated correctly, but in half the strings, the text is located inconsistently relative to the dimension line.

The plan views of my current project have the orientation rotated (north to the right) to fit better on the sheets. When dimensioning, I can't get the dimension text to automatically orient correctly... either the horizontal dimensions (left to right on the sheet) have the text above of the vertical ones do, but not both, i.e. on the vertical dimensions, the text is oriented so that the bottom of the text is towards the right edge of the sheet (correct) but the text is below the dimension line, not above it.

If I change the text over/under/inside radio button in the Dimension Settings dialogue box, the problem reversed.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
Forrest,
-This is not a poll [Yet]
-Please add your OS and archicad version to your profile. For some questions the answers will vary.
-Post a screen-shot. This instantly communicates the dim. text display problem you are experiencing. Note on it what you want (photoshop) if it is not obvious.

While North is usually depicted up, I have worked on projects when it was to the left or right and did not have problems with dimension orientation.
That said, we haven't seen what you are looking at and which clearly is a problem.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for the oversights.

Versions: Mac OS 10.6, Archicad 13

In the attached screenshot, the dimension text on the orthogonal dimension strings is incorrect (bottom of text correctly towards right but below dimension line).

Dimension text along the angled wall and in a few other locations is correct (bottom of text right, above dimension line) because I manually moved the text box. The default text location in all cases was below the string.

Note view orientation at 270 degrees - north is to the right on the plan sheets.

Thanks.
Screen shot 2010-04-05 at 3.54.05 PM.png
Erika Epstein
Booster
By any chance is the dimension even slightly angled? Try adding this reads misbehaving string to the 1'-9" string above it. This will straigten out your dimension.

Do you use the dimension set to angled when you are placing?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"