Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF PAPER SIZE ON MAC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Admittedly, I'm new to my MAC.

But when I was on windows, I had this awesome program called PDF995. It was a printer emulator, that had many many options. I was able to print on about 40 different page sizes. Rotate, scale, layout... all of that stuff was easy to modify.

I haven't found that ability in OS-X 10.4.

We used this option to print entire sets to pdf, then collate drawings, and in general reduce our paper consumption. It was very easy to send drawings, full scale to clients, consultants, etc.

Any help, or advice would help.

P.S. Often I work at home, and am not connected to our office plotter, so I don't have the ability to print even "real" prints.
9 REPLIES 9
TomWaltz
Participant
PDF generation is built into the OS, so I'm not sure what it is exactly that you're looking for. Are you looking for print management software maybe?

I guess I've never thought about that since it came with our plotter.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to print a pdf from Archicad, not plotmaker, at whatever size, and layout I decide. Even if I don't have a physical printer that can print that. PDF995 let me do that; i.e. print 30"x42" landscape. Can OS-X do this? If it can, please assist me to do so.
Brad Elliott
Booster
In your Page Setup Dialog Box select paper size and manage custom sizes. You can then create any size that is not shown in the default sizes. You can leave the Format for box on Any Printer to have it as a default or select the printer first to set a special size for a specific printer.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
TomWaltz
Participant
yeah, in your Print dialog, there should be a button for "Save as PDF". By default it reads the current sheet size for the paper, but you can resize ift for whatever you want.
Tom Waltz
Stress Co_
Advisor
This is what I do for "final/progress" sets of drawings.

Print the set to PDF using Archicad's Publisher (Paper size is set by the layout). Be sure to "merge to one PDF file".

Then use Acrobat Reader to print sets, at whatever paper size is selected in "Page Setup". Acrobat has an option for selecting which pages you want to print .... so you can do partial sets.

I archive the PDF files for a record of the projects progression.

One thing... I just loaded Acrobat Reader 8 and it screwed up my print margins for 24 x 36 sheets. I'm too busy to mess with it just now so went back to 7. Anyone else have this problem?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Stress wrote:
/.....
Print the set to PDF using Archicad's Publisher (Paper size is set by the layout). Be sure to "merge to one PDF file"./...
Marc, can you show me where to find "merge to one PDF file".
I've looked everywhere within AC11.
To create one PDF file I use PDF Lab.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Stress Co_
Advisor
G'day Ron:

In Organizer-Publisher. Look under Format. Note: A Folder has to be selected.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Stress wrote:
/..Look under Format. Note: A Folder has to be selected.
Many thanks Marc.
I was only asked this a day or so back by a windose user and said it wasn't possible .
Now corrected you have helped more than just me. Cheers
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
To merge you need to have a folder. You cannot simply select a group of files.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x