Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

CANOPY AND GLASS

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI

WHY IS MY CANOPY SIDE APPEARING TRANSPARENT BOTH IN ELEVATION AND PERSPECTIVE AND SECTIONS AS WELL, IT SUPPOSE TO BE A CONCRETE UPSTAND. ANYONE KNOWS ?

SECONDLY HOW CAN I MAKE GLASS MATERIAL IF I WANT TO CUSTOMIZE IT WITHIN A FRAME
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is an option to change layers to wireframe (instead of solid) in the layer settings - Right hand panel, third column from left. Check that this has not been changed by mistake.
Erich
Contributor
femi,

As for the second question, open your materials editor (under the project menu in my work environment). There select a material closets to what you want just to speed things along. Important make a duplicate of this material and give it an appropriate name. Then you can change around the settings for transmittance and attenuation to get the appearance you are wanting.

You might also want to look in the manual page 26 and in the help under materials

HTH
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Appreciate the response, in the interim i have used the beam tool to insert the canopy side instead of the wall tool i used earlier (it a complex profile creation), and it appears normal,i will look at the layer setting though my first impression is that the whole object could as well have appear in wireframe.
I WILL LOOK AT THE MANUAL CONCERING THE MATERIAL................Erich

Thanks a million