Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: Object Label + Mirror

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created a simple building and the client came back and asked if it could be mirrored.

The problem is I have used the object label 11 on the elevations to note the windows but when mirrored, the links break, obviously because that window is no longer in the same elevation view anymore.
The labels unlink and vanish, I can't see them, can't select them in project map or view map but they show up in my views in my layout book as XXxYYxZZ.

No matter what I try I can't get rid of them, except for putting a cover fill over them.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this.

In future I guess if I have to mirror something I might have to delete the label objects and redo them in the new view
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
Danj wrote:
I have created a simple building and the client came back and asked if it could be mirrored.

The problem is I have used the object label 11 on the elevations to note the windows but when mirrored, the links break, obviously because that window is no longer in the same elevation view anymore.
The labels unlink and vanish, I can't see them, can't select them in project map or view map but they show up in my views in my layout book as XXxYYxZZ.

No matter what I try I can't get rid of them, except for putting a cover fill over them.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this.

In future I guess if I have to mirror something I might have to delete the label objects and redo them in the new view
Did you mirror the section/elevation lines along with your plan?
If you did maybe the labels would stay linked?
I don't really know as I tend not to use lables - just having a stab in the dark.
You may need to rename your elevations afterwards though if you have specific naming procedures.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11