Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to change text in IE Maker 1?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I change the automatic text for elevation orientation, shown in IE Maker 1?

Now it writes the orientation in English (North, West) and I want it to write in Bulgarian (север, запад).

Please, it's urgent as usual!

IE Maker 1.gif
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope this helps...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Cecilia! I was searching for an automated way to do it and overlooked the simple thing!

But still, would like to know how I could change it globally!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I have to make it automatic! Custom text swhows only on plan, but does not show in the automatic names of the Interior Elevation views in Navigator! It can use as a name only Orientation or number, so it has to be translated globally!
JaredBanks
Mentor
Did you find a way to change it globally? I'd prefer to have it read EAST instead of East, but I have no idea where to change that.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

Not sure this is what you're looking for but you can change the individual view names by right clicking them, go to Interior Elevation Settings, and change the name to "Custom" (See Attached). I've been through the IE Marker script several times but can't seem to figure out where the navigator is getting the orientation. The one thing I have noticed is that if, in the elevation settings, the name is set to "By IE Group", then the name is the "English Orientation". If you could figure out what and where this "IE Group is, and it is editable, then you might be able to set it's parameters so that each new instance shows in Navigator the way you want. So far I've had no luck with it.

Doug
Anonymous
Not applicable
No luck so far, Jared! I still stick to the names with numbers, as our builders in general don't unrderstand English.

Doug, I do need the automatic naming, because I have to nake interior elevations for about 15 rooms!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Kliment,

How about as a workaround for now you set up one IE the way you want it and then copy it as many times as you need. You'll obviously have to change the names of them but at least you won't have to go in and change all the view names as well.

Doug
Anonymous
Not applicable
I intended to do it this way at first, Doug, but till now I have 48 int. elvations and this is only the first floor! I just don't want to double this number! 😉 Not to mention the floor finish plans and suspended ceiling plans!