Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

missing font when publishing elevations to PDF

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to publish documentation of my first project using archicad 12 and i ran through something strange.

When i try to publish to PDF an elevation of my project, any text on the sheet is missing.

I am using BankGothic lt BT as font and i've noticed that going back to the Arial font solves the problem

On my computer this strange fact only happens when publishing elevations. Plans and sections are ok when using BankGothic lt BT as font.

Is it an archicad or bug or my font that is not for use with archicad? If the problem from archicad, is it a known bug ( i haven't seen anaything on the forum concerning this issue)? Any workaround to use the BankGothic lt BT on published elevations?
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
You need to tell us Windows or Mac?

I don't have AC 12 on my Windows VM to test - but at least with the Amyuni driver for earlier versions, you had to embed licensed fonts (such as the one you use) - and I also notice that certain punctuation does not get saved unless I also check 'Multi-language support'. See attached screenshot.

Karl
Amyuni Font Settings.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply

To answer your question, I am using windows.

I am not sure to understand what to do about the Amyuni driver. How do you get this dialog box? It seems from your screenshot that it is a virtual printer, but I can't see it under Start --> Settings --> Printer.

It seems to me that it is not a font issue : I did a test with a blank project and I can publish one elevation with the BankGothic font. I am quite puzzled!!! Does it mean that my file is in some way corrupted (i would find this worrying, i've created my archicad project today and only worked on it all day)?
Karl Ottenstein
My Windows laptop is all packed up - so hopefully someone with Windows can help you.

My recollection is that 12 does not use the Amyuni PDF virtual printer any longer on Windows. (That is the screenshot I showed.) I'm not sure where the PDF settings are now. Apparently there was an issue with ArchiCAD 11 that was addressed by a registry setting:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/Text%20missing%20in%20PDF

You might try that with 12 and see?

There is this discussion here, which indicates an unresolved problem:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=18903

Again...hopefully someone whose Windows machine is turned on can give a better answer.

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Miracle!

I've edited the registery as recommended by the issue highlighted in archicad 11 and now all my text is back in my pdf!

Are you a king of god ?

Thanks a million!
Karl Ottenstein
It's the season of miracles. 😉

Glad the registry thing in that article worked. I'll edit the article to indicate that it applies to ArchiCAD 12 as well.

Cheers,
Karl