Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Piranesi out AC12 problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all; I am trying to output to Piranesi. I have set up the rendering and 3d window to what I want and have created a rendering to verify (see attached). When I do the actual save from the 3d window however the sun defaults back to it's "default" location (see attached. I have tried the lightworks and internal engines, the lightworks sun/sky etc. I have closed and reopened, rebooted etc. Anybody out there have a clue? I have other plans but this is the only one I have a problem with.

right wrong.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
This behavior is really bizarre, since the "Save as epix" simply starts a render with whatever the current render settings are. To have it create an RGB channel with different values seems nearly impossible.

Not to ask an insultingly simple question - but have you verified the time stamp on the file that you are opening in Piranesi to make sure that you are really opening the file that you just exported, and not an older one?

After you get your rendering settings exactly as you want, try saving the 3D settings as a view (which you should always do anyway - so that you can recreate the exact image in the future). See if that helps?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl;
No insult taken. Yes I have tried many different things, saving to a different directory, saving as an AC11 doc and opening again, etc. I have used the same camera, new cameras different views etc. No matter, the outcomes is the same. I think I will try starting a new pln file and copying the model into it. I do have 10 or so custom profiles and a custom door, maybe those are causing grief somehow? Thanks for your help.
Karl Ottenstein
If time is of the essence, there is an easy workaround at least.

Assuming that the epix file looks right in Piranesi in terms of the materials and depth channels, all you have to do is save your rendered image from ArchiCAD and import it into Piranesi as the new RGB image. "Re-Render" in Piranesi to save the new RGB as the Restore RGB, and you will then have the epix file that you wanted in the first place.

Another plus of this technique, depending on what you're going to do in Piranesi, is that you can do some work in Photoshop on the rendering first before making it the new epix RGB.

Cheers,
Karl
Picture 1.png
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again Karl, it worked like a charm!! I would never have thought to do that switcheroo. FYI - I copied the model into a new pln without all the "custom parts" and it still is acting goofy. It would have been a day of rebuilding for me without you!
Karl Ottenstein
I'm glad that worked for you! The source of your problem seems really weird, though. So, if you can, take a moment now to save a PLA of the project that is being problematic and when you have a little free time, contact GSNA tech support and upload the PLA to them so it can be analyzed to determine why things are happening the way you described.

Cheers,
Karl