Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Windows 7 and 8800GTS

KeesW
Advocate
We are having troubles with our trusty GeForce 8800GTS card since changing to AC13. Objects are not deselecting, marquee's are not clicking off without using the pan or other editing tool. Graphisoft believe that it is a graphic card problem. However, it all worked with Windows 7 and AC12 - until we upgraded to AC13.

Any experience out there?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
6 REPLIES 6
KeesW
Advocate
I have checked the Microsoft site. My video card is compatible with Windows 7. Therefore, the problems appears to lie with Archicad 13.

Comments, anyone?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the 8800GT in my Mac Pro and have not had seen problems you describe so far. Running AC13 when booted native in Win7x64 is lovely. Very fast and no memory problems with full access to 16GB of RAM.

There are graphics performance problems with Windows 7 running as a virtual machine. With AC13 running in a Win7x64 VM I am getting poor response with Aero on or off (better when off though). This is a more general problem with VMs and Win7 though and not particular to ArchiCAD

I haven't tried Win7x32 yet since I decided to save money by buying the upgrade and it seems I have to install Vista first to get the 7 install to work. Since each of them takes an age to install, completely occupies a machine that is otherwise happily running multiple OSs, and I rarely use Boot Camp anyway, I'm not sure I will bother with the 32bit version.
KeesW
Advocate
Thanks Matthew. We are using windows 7 on a PC so that it is not 'virtual'. Most things work well but we've got niggles on both our computers which are set up the same. We did not have these issues with AC12. Back to some head-scratching.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Try never drivers...if they exist... or previous.

the tip: mangle with the slider regarding the 2d acceleration in Work environment >Advanced redraw options.

I had similar problem on some certain drivers - they were gone on the newer ones- but the other problem came out - the redraw on pan or zoom - once worked once not.
I checked the above settings - and while the antialiasing was on - everything was ok, but when was off - the problem showed - so - I set the second position (the third is default) and everything works. (antialiasing is too blurry for me)
So IMHO - there is something inside AC (I checked on quadro FX1600M and FX3700M and both behave same way regarding the error)

Best Regards,
Piotr
Arcadia
Booster
I ran a 8500gt card on my old vista system with v12 and it worked okay. Now that I have upgraded to V13 and a Win 7 64bit system with dual 9800gt's I am having similar issues as you plus the redraw is slow. (3D works fine though) At first I thought it was the video cards but the 8800gt is an archicad recommended card and the 9800gt's are virtually the same. So maybe you are right and it is an archicad bug??
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem is after a while lose origin (first click) and rubber band when drawing a line. most disconcerting. requires a restart to get it back