Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Modifying door listing parameters

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to figure out how to modify the standard commercial door listing parameters to be more usefull in a door schedule. I am using door D1 in the Archicad 13 library. The listing parameters are very extensive and inlcude 5 user defined at the end. However, I need such listings as frame material, finish, and color. Door material, finish and color. Door type and frame type.

I can then tell my door schedule to display these listings in the schedule.

The other listings are usefull, I just would not use them in a door schedule. Can these be modified to suit my needs without extensive GDL programming knowledge? If I knew how to access the listing names, I think I could edit them.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just add the parameters and they will be available to the scheduler. No need for scripting.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Attached is a screen image of our typical listing parameters -- the real pain is putting them in order in ALL door objects (not necessary, but makes inputting the data via the object a lot easier).
door parameters.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I've also modified the UI...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fantastic. Thanks. I see the object parameters now and the means to change or add any new ones. I suppose if I want custom listings, I should add them rather than modify the basic Archicad parameters, right? If we ever interface with a contractor, they might want to know how much a door weighs for figuring freight charges.

Laura you mentioned modifing the UI interface. Is that part of the object settings?

Thanks again. I am almost there.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
The UI for the AC12 doors is in the Interface Script of the "ui_door_side_list_usa" macro -- it can be pretty tricky if you don't know what you're doing -- I believe I just replaced the standard fields with the ones I wanted to list and made a few small adjustments.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again to those who got me going on these custom listings. I think is this why I became an architect! No programming! Anyway, do you know of any way to copy these parameters between objects without having to reenter them in each object? Is there a cut and paste for these?