BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Trouble with custom door panels

Anonymous
Not applicable
As the title says I'm having a bit of an issue with custom door panels in AC11. I created a glazed door panel to use with the bi-fold door types. Created the panels fine and were working ok until I reopened the project later and now the door panels have disappeared in 3d view and you can no longer select the door panel I created although the GSM file is still there. I tried to create the door panel again, but although it creates a gsm file for the panel it does not list it in the panel types under custom as it should. The other thing I noticed when creating the custom component, the drop down menu for selecting component type is listing all the options twice. I assume there is some bug here, any Idea how to fix it? Thanks
18 REPLIES 18
Karl Ottenstein
Is your custom door panel in a loaded library? It sounds like you saved your project with your previously loaded libs - and the custom panel is in an unloaded folder, and thus not found when you reload.

You should have a 'project library' folder loaded in lib manager for each project, and put the panel in that folder, for example.

If it is indeed loaded, then I'm stumped.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, it is saved in the project library and had been working ok before hand. and have had it working ok on other projects as well. Thanks for the help anyway.
Thomas Holm
Booster
To me, it sounds more like you've got two libararies or copies (even perhaps different versions?) loaded at the same time. Try to clean up your libraries. If nothing else helps, re-install Archicad and check that you have only the default libraries and this addition loaded.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Karl Ottenstein
Yes, Thomas' suggestion is the next logical step...and makes me wonder if you have more than one (type of) object saved with the same name in different libraries...or saved your custom panel with the same name as something else [best to add your initials or client or firm name or something to make sure it is unique].

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am also having problems with custom door panels in AC_11. I've created a few office standard door panels, they were working great but today they have all disappeared. I tried to make a new custom door panel, but when the pull down menu appears to choose a component type the option for custom door panel has disappeared. If anyone knows the reason why this is happening I would appreciate a response.
Screen_Shot_071119.png
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
It could be one of two things.

1. Check in your library manager under Built in libraries that the custom component library is loaded. It should be as it's part of the default ArchiCAD package, but just check to make sure it's ok. If you have the special menu activated it is possable to turn it off, but because there are two of you that have the same problem, I doubt that both of you have done that.

2. Check in the add-ons manager that the Custom component add- on is active. Again, it should be as it is part of the standard package.

What version of AC 11 are you using INT or US? I'm not familiar with the US library structure, but make sure that your Individual macro objects are in the active library as well, if they are not part of an LCF. Have you downloaded any libray updates recently? If you have, just check to make sure every thing is there.

HTH.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for you help. The custom door panel option in the component type pull down menu has become available once again as well as my custom door panels show up again in elevation and 3D Views. I believe I had something missing in the Add On Manager.
JaredBanks
Mentor
etomlins,

what did you do to fix this? I'm having the same problem right now.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
JaredBanks
Mentor
Okay... so for clarity, here's how I fixed the problem of the custom door panel option disappearing in the save as component dialog box:

I replaced the Custom Objects Macros 11 in my ArchiCAD 11 Library with a 'clean' version of the folder from another machine that just had ArchiCAD 11 installed on it.

And that worked. So I'm wondering if somehow the door panel macro just got corrupt.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Learn and get certified!