BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

pdfs print box around section marker sheet number

Erika Epstein
Booster
I know this was problem was raised here before but I could not find it.
When I create a pdf set a box appears around the sheet number. It doesn't show in either the floor plan window or the layout book (left 2 images of attached screenshot, but it does show in the pdf (right image). The section marker is Section Marker_NCS 10 and it is an AC10 project.

This morning I updated adobe and ran a test pdf and it there were no boxes.
This afternoon I created a pdf set and the boxes were back. It is the same font as the drawing number above it without a box.

Does anyone know why and how to fix it?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
The box is effectively an hyperlink to that drawing. I don't think the box prints, but it is annoying. Has implications with embedding linked drawings / file sizes too.

Do a search with "PDF" and "hyperlink" and you will find the discussion.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Thanks Stuart.
I found the link with the explanation.
It explains why sometimes it doesn't show (when working mac) and other time it does (windows).

If someone has figured out how to set adobe on windows so its default is not to show the box because it prints, I and Dennis at least would appreciate your sharing.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Dennis Lee
Booster
Erika,

I think if you publish one drawing at a time, you won't get the rectangles. The only problem will then be sheets that have refernces within the sheet, such as a detail bubble in a wall section referring to a detail on the same layout.

For these kind of sheets, if you have adobe acrobat, you can selct the rectangles with mouse drag over the whole sheet, and change their properties all at once to be invisible.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Learn and get certified!