BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Funny Extention

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hallo everybody for same strange reason, I have this strange file in my folder project "Project name".pln.lck
Any suggetsion wath is for ?
Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
It's a locked PLN file -- either someone is in the PLN, or AC crashed while someone was in the file and still thinks that they're in there.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the answer, but I try to save the file like pln, but steel the same story, This file it is only 1 KB, and even I deleted many times it still reappers. How I can get off of them?
Thanks
__archiben
Booster
Lazzara wrote:
How I can get off of them?
Thanks
you shouldn't get rid of it whilst you are working! it's the lock to ensure that no one else can open and modify that project whilst it is being worked on.

if all of your archicad sessions are quit and the file still exists, you can safely delete it - it would be left over as a result of a crash or something. but don't delete it whilst you are working on the file to which it relates!!!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I appreciate your suggestion.
__archiben
Booster
Lazzara wrote:
Thanks, I appreciate your suggestion.
it's not really a suggestion. it's something that you must do to preserve the integrity of your file whilst working in it. of course, if you are a sole practitioner it may be overkill, but it will be a bad practice to get into if you keep deleting the lock file!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Learn and get certified!