BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC11 Display Bug

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody,

I've recently started working on Archicad 11 (1114) and something very frustrating happened; I've created a simple rectangular mesh, draw some lines and when zooming in or out, the display becomes fragmented (see the attached image). I've erased all and even with a new empty scene, when zooming, I come against the same problem (this time visible due to grid display). Is this a hardware problem? (my graphic card is GeForce 7300 GT (256 Mb) with the latest drivers installed)
I have to mention that in AC 10 I've never encountered this kind of problem.

(I don't know if this is the right section to post this, so I'll post it again in "Hardware" section; sorry for any inconvenience)

Thank you in advance.

Adrian Tudoreanu

ac11 display bug.jpg
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is your Vectorial Hatching turned on under
View - On-screen View Options - Vectorial Hatching
Anonymous
Not applicable
Landry wrote:
Is your Vectorial Hatching turned on under
View - On-screen View Options - Vectorial Hatching
Hi Landry,

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, Vectorial Hatching is turned on. I've turned it off, but with no result.
Anyway, I've discovered something odd this morning. I've opened my computer, started AC11 and continue my work. Strange or not, the problem has disappeared. I didn't think too much of it and continued working. At some point I've opened Winamp to watch a short video. After closing Winamp and returning to AC11, all of a sudden my display problem appeared again.
I've made a test; restarted Windows and started AC11. All is fine. No display problems. Until I open a video file. After that, the issue occurs. And it doesn't disappear until I restart Windows. What could cause this problem? (I mention that I have installed QuickTime 7.3.1, Java SE 6, DivX 6.8.0.11 (codec and player), XviD 1.1.3 codec, ac3filter 1.46 codec; I watch video files using Winamp 5.31 or BsPlayer 2.26; sorry for this long list ... I thought it might be helpful to display that)

Thank you so much for your support.

Adrian Tudoreanu
Brett Brown
Advocate
I have had this happen intermittently with AC 11 also. Hadn't noticed what had caused it. Just tried playing Windows Media Player while AC was open (and no split screen). Closed Player and went back to AC and the split screen has appeared. So can confirm the process of it appearing. As you say a restart fixes it. I will log it with GS NZ and suggest you do the same with your reseller.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brett wrote:
I have had this happen intermittently with AC 11 also. Hadn't noticed what had caused it. Just tried playing Windows Media Player while AC was open (and no split screen). Closed Player and went back to AC and the split screen has appeared. So can confirm the process of it appearing. As you say a restart fixes it. I will log it with GS NZ and suggest you do the same with your reseller.
Hi Brett,

Thank you so much for your reply. I'll follow your suggestion; maybe the next hotfix will solve this annoying problem.

Cheers.

Adrian Tudoreanu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brett wrote:
I have had this happen intermittently with AC 11 also. Hadn't noticed what had caused it. Just tried playing Windows Media Player while AC was open (and no split screen).
Hello again, Brett,

I've managed to solve this by changing video card's antialiasing settings (set it to maximum). Still, the 3D navigation is not so satisfying; I guess that maybe I should change my video card, after all.
Hope this will help you (if it doesn't work, you can also try switching off vertical sync in your video card settings).

Cheers.

Adrian Tudoreanu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody,

The problem I want to talk about concerns the Info Box palette. Actually, there are 2 problems that bother me:

1. If I select an element in the floor plan and zoom in or out, the Info Box behaves like it's refreshing (it blinks) - this happens only if I have selected something - and it becomes tiresome after a few hours of work.
2. If I want to edit some element's floor plan and section display mode using the info box, the properties window (see attached image) disappears after each modification I make (this wasn't happening in AC10), which can be very frustrating, as I have to click on "Floor Plan & Section Display" button after each step.

Can anyone please help me with these two issues?
Thank you in advance.

Adrian Tudoreanu
Karl Ottenstein
I've moved this post back with the original topic, since these things are related and apparently unique to you.
adytc wrote:
1. If I select an element in the floor plan and zoom in or out, the Info Box behaves like it's refreshing (it blinks) - this happens only if I have selected something - and it becomes tiresome after a few hours of work.
This is not ArchiCAD, but something with your display driver. Make sure you have the most current driver. Even if you do, if you have installed any Windows Updates, I've found that the updates screw up the driver at times, and it has to be reinstalled. That's Microsoft's fault, not Graphisoft's. Finally, make sure Vertical Synch is off:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=52783&highlight=vertical+synch#52783
2. If I want to edit some element's floor plan and section display mode using the info box, the properties window (see attached image) disappears after each modification I make (this wasn't happening in AC10), which can be very frustrating, as I have to click on "Floor Plan & Section Display" button after each step.
This flyout from the Info box stays open for me in 10 and 11. Do you have a non-standard mouse driver installed by any chance? I don't see anything in the Work Environment that should affect this behavior.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl,

Thank you so much for your reply.
Karl wrote:
I've found that the updates screw up the driver at times, and it has to be reinstalled. That's Microsoft's fault, not Graphisoft's. Finally, make sure Vertical Synch is off.
I didn't know that about Windows updates. Thank you for this info. I'll reinstall the drivers and see what happens. (vertical sync is turned off)
Karl wrote:
Do you have a non-standard mouse driver installed by any chance?
I don't have a mouse driver installed. At a second look, it seems that the flyout menu problem applies only to walls, windows and doors. For the rest of elements, it seems that the menu stays on screen until I click somewhere on plan.

Thank you again for your support.

Cheers.

Adrian Tudoreanu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
if you have installed any Windows Updates, I've found that the updates screw up the driver at times, and it has to be reinstalled. That's Microsoft's fault, not Graphisoft's.
I've reinstalled the drivers, turned off Vertical Sync, but with no result.
Thank you anyway for your suggestions.

Cheers.

Adrian Tudoreanu
Learn and get certified!