BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Ability to add Dimension Points to several Dimension Lines

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would like to have the ability to add a Dimension Point to several parallel Dimension Lines at the same time.
What I mean by that is let us say I have 3 Dimension Lines next to each other. I place in a new Wall and I want its thickness to appear on all three dimension lines.
Right now I can select all three, but when I CTRL-click on the Wall, it will add the dimension points only to the Dimension Line that was selected last.
I would like those dimension points to be added to all selected dimnesion lines, and not having to do them one by one.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
That doesn't seem too much to ask. For some reason dimensions seem to have built-in snobbery. In addition to Laszlo's gripe, you can't select dimensions and text and move both at the same time. Why? And I have also found that sometimes when you move an item which has been dimensioned some of the dims move with it and some stay where they are (relative offset). Why?
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
Absolutely essential.

And do we need to start a poll for being able to move dimension & text together..............another absolutely essential item.

Cheers
Stu
Learn and get certified!