BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

library rooflight problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have inserted Skylight Dome Circular 11 rooflights from the Archicad 11 library into a roof, with gravity on.
the result is that the rooflights have carved slices out of the roof and created overhanging strips i some areas.
i have recreated this several times with the same results
does anyone have any idea of how to stop this?
thanks for your help
Alek
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
The edges of the holes that the skylights drilled in your roof are horizontal.

Select all the skylights, and set the edges to perpendicular.

EDIT:

Not possible with round ones, as they don't have the parameter. Others do.

Then, select the roof plane, roof tool active, Mercedes at the hole edge, set the angle to Perpendicular. See attached.
Skylight edge.JPG
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje,

many thank for your reply.
I have tried this and it does make it better (the holes in the oof have disappeared) but there are still problems with the overhanging strips.
I have tried both perpendicular and vertical but with the same problem - as in the attached image.

regards,
Alek
Djordje
Ace
alek wrote:
Djordje,

many thank for your reply.
I have tried this and it does make it better (the holes in the oof have disappeared) but there are still problems with the overhanging strips.
I have tried both perpendicular and vertical but with the same problem - as in the attached image.

regards,
Alek
What image? 😉 Make sure that it is the image, not the PDF. Image is seen online, PDF you have to download and open. OK for drawing, not good for illustration.
Djordje

HP Omen
Djordje
Ace
Make sure to attach the image, not the PDF next time 😉

Check the rest of the skylights. And we can only see that it is OK from the top, can't see it from the bottom - that would give us more ammo.
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje,

here is the view from below, i have checked that all the rooflight edges are set to perpendicular but the projections are still there

many thanks again for looking at this

regards,
Alek
Anonymous
Not applicable
problem solved - new library objects received from Graphisoft
Learn and get certified!