Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

New Polyline Behavior In AC12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just drew a rectangular polyline using the "rectangle" mode by drawing it from the lower-left corner to the upper-right corner. When I select on the lower-left hotspot to stretch the corner, it acts as if the polyline isn't closed. I wind up with a rectangle on which 3 side are in their original position, but the fourth one's end point isn't on the rectangle anymore. (See screen shot)

I checked AC10 and AC11 and neither one of them had this behavior. I find it very annoying because, if I want to move the position of the lower-left corner I have to do one line, then the other. Is anybody else getting this freakish behavior?

Weird Polyline Behavior.PNG
9 REPLIES 9
Erich
Contributor
Jay,

Yup, I get that too. It is only the bottom left hand corner, the others all behave "properly". This seems like a bug to me, but perhaps someone can explain how this is really a design feature that we really want.

Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Brett Brown
Advocate
Yes, And it happens at which every corner you start your polyline from. Not just the bottom left. I leave it to you to report it.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Dwight
Newcomer
That's not a bug. That's a feature.
[Joke.]
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I really wish Graphisoft would include fewer of these "features".
Dwight
Newcomer
I'm horrified, too.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh, i get it too... i though i was been dumb and not closing the polyline shape properly or something daft like that....
:sigh: loving the 'features:
matthewjj
Newcomer
Lame! Not fixed in build 2285. Why!? Please tell me Why!?
matt johnson
archicad since 2004
imac 27, 4.2 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, radeon 575 4 GB, macOS 10.14.6
imac, 4.0ghz i7, 16gb ram, Radeon M9 390 2GB, OS X El Capitan
Karl Ottenstein
Just reported to GS, in case it was not already on their list.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
xristina wrote:
oh, i get it too... i though i was been dumb and not closing the polyline shape properly or something daft like that....
:sigh: loving the 'features:
You would love the explanations why they happened even more ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen