Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

3d s in for archicad 12(emerg)

Anonymous
Not applicable
hiii,is there any one who kows how can i import a file from 3d studio to AC 12?thaaaaanks....i really need to know
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
Yes there is.

Hint: Search for 3ds.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dwight
Newcomer
Dj: Shame on you.
Treating a new guy like that.
Search where?
If he puts 3ds in the search box at the top of the page, it searches the whole Graphisoft site and not the Forum database like we would like.

The answer a new guy in trouble should get is:

use the link under Archicad's "HELP" menu to locate the web link to Graphisoft's site for "Archicad 12 Goodies" and download the "3D Studio In" Goodie. Follow the instructions with the download to install.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
Sorry ...

Once that you download and install the 3ds in AddOn, make sure to check the complexity of the 3ds models that you want to import. They often have lots of polygons that slow down the 3D window considerably.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
tsturm
Newcomer
once you know how many polygons you have, and determine there are a lot, is there a way to reduce the count without going back to the originating software and cutting them out?
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
Karl Ottenstein
tsturm wrote:
once you know how many polygons you have, and determine there are a lot, is there a way to reduce the count without going back to the originating software and cutting them out?
Nope.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
tsturm
Newcomer
i have some 3ds models I am in need of reducing the polygon count of. I have been told that 3D Studio can do this. Does anyone have this software and can help simplify some models for us?

I have four models total. They are all cars.
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000