Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Missing pet palette

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
For some reason, my pet palette simplily disappears. whenever i click on a element, the pet palette will appear and disappear in a second. i have to click the element, hold down my mouse click and try to choose from there, anyone know a solution?

thank you
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
Try an ArchiRestart.
Dwight Atkinson
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
penicillin wrote:
Hi,
For some reason, my pet palette simplily disappears. whenever i click on a element, the pet palette will appear and disappear in a second. i have to click the element, hold down my mouse click and try to choose from there, anyone know a solution?

thank you
Is it possible that when you click the Pet Palette appears but then it immediately jumps to its preferred position which is at some position on the screen that is not easy to notice? I had one time AC Window appearing the right half of my screen and the Pet Palette jumped to the left half, way out of the boundaries of the ArchiCAD Window.
In the Work Environment you can control this behavior of the Pet Palette.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anybody figure this one out? I have restarted and even applied the standard work environment and it keeps happening. Any other suggestions?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
New to this:

You could try going too the Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > Pet Palette movement: and changing this to Follow Cursor and minimizing the Distance form Cursor to see if that helps.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found that using the 'New and Reset all' and Options>Work Environment>Enable All information messages' fixes this, the next time you open ArchiCAD the issue is gone.