Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Drawing Updates

Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem I'm having concerns drawings updating either automatically or manually. Sometimes when a drawing updates the image "slips" out of view. If I expand the extents of the drawing I can find the information, but it's often faster to delete that drawing and just re-drag the view onto the sheet but this, of course messes up any markers I've set to reference the first drawing.

It is not all drawings, it seems like it happens more when the source view is a plan, and it doesn't seem to be every plan in the file.

Any tips? Is there a toggle/option I've changed somewhere or a bug?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
This can be affected by drawing extents and position relative to origin changing (especially if "fit frame to drawing" is selected), and by anchor point of drawing on the layout. It has also been discussed as a possible bug elsewhere, try a search of the forum.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuart,

I've changed some things you've suggested in various combinations and seem to have worked it out. A combination of the main model being thousands of feet off the project origin and these other zoom extent type options seem to have been combining to cause the "slipping".

Thanks.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Arlouper wrote:
Stuart,

... the main model being thousands of feet off the project origin and ...

Thanks.
It's always been recommended to have the model close to the global origin. If you don't, problems such as you have experienced will occur.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika,

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how the model was started out in space like this....

The fixes Stuart suggested are working for the most part, but I'm still having trouble with my site plan and, now, with my elevations.

We're trying so hard to use this platform effectively and efficiently, but every time we are lazy when we start off we end up with things like this that drive me crazy and we end up using it as a glorified CAD program...
Erika Epstein
Booster
Move the model.

-Turn on all layers, unlock all layers and selecting everything unlock elements that were locked FILE>EDIT>LOCKING>UNLOCK.
-Using the heavy marquee move the project. Move it a measured amount so when you have to move non-model elements ins/e, detail and worksheet window you can type in the same distance.

A bit of work, but worth it in the long run.

This remote location may have come about if you used the default location of the site DWG or any other base drawing from another software that puts project(s) at coordinates that are far from the global origin.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"