Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Windows 7

KeesW
Advocate
Has anybod tried running Archicad 12 on the beta release versin of Windows 7? If so, how did it go?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
32 REPLIES 32
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I tried it in a Windows 7 virtual Machine and it crashed VMware every time I tried to start ArchiCAD. The install went fine though.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Karl Ottenstein
Henry,

You probably tried this since I see you have Vista 64 in your sig as your normal machine ... but I wonder if the WIBU driver might be the issue. The one on the GS web site is the 32 bit driver. There is a 64 bit driver here:
http://wibu.com/download_user.php
(towards the bottom of the page - 64 bit Windows for AMD or Intel chips)

?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
i was using 64-bit win7 as well and the correct architecture driver should be installed by the AC-installer. Even if the wrong one was installed, at worst it should just not work, not actually crash the system.
I haven't had a chance to try fixing it yet though, So I'll let you know once i have some time to do so.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
I tried w7/64 and I could run AC 12 without problems, but I had to manually kill the application as it did not want to close.

When running AC on 64 bit os - the Wibu driver must be dowlnoaded from Wibu page.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been running it on W7 for the last 3 weeks and no new problems whe compared with Vista SP1.
Anonymous
Not applicable
On a lark, I downloaded Win 7 and installed it on a 7 year old HP 2.53 single processor with only one GB of mem and it has been running fine - no apparent problems. Opens files saved on my MAC without hesitation and is able to find lib parts etc as if it was an established OS. This from an avid MAC fan. The graphics are clear and the attribute manager is OK too. No difficulties with the WIBU key either.

It seems very strange to me that the program is as good as it is given my dislike of MS.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Im having quite the trubble.. im using Win7 64bit build 7000 i can install Archicad12 educational however at vcredist_x86.exe windows comes up with a error and says it can install that component.. it finishes the install and gives me a installed version of archicad that only seems to start up once... or on the strange ocasion... the down side of this is that i built a hole project in it and now icant relaunch <_>

any advice?... i tryed installing the vcredist_x64.exe from microsoft doing the x86 now... any thing els i could be missing <_> really need this working ASAP
HeathKidd wrote:
Im having quite the trubble.. im using Win7 64bit build 7000 i can install Archicad12 educational however at vcredist_x86.exe windows comes up with a error and says it can install that component.. it finishes the install and gives me a installed version of archicad that only seems to start up once... or on the strange ocasion... the down side of this is that i built a hole project in it and now icant relaunch <_>

any advice?... i tryed installing the vcredist_x64.exe from microsoft doing the x86 now... any thing els i could be missing <_> really need this working ASAP

Have you tried excluding ArchiCAD from the Data Execution Prevetion (DEP) protocol of Windows Vista/7?

If you're not certain what this is then look up disabling DEP on Google; lots of people have problems with it, so lots of hits and solution threads should come up.

It's been known to cause problems with programs like ArchiCAD, and you might also have to exclude the install file (the ArchiCADE setup EXE) in order to have it all running fine.

Also, make sure you have the absolute most recent version of vcredist from Microsoft website. They update it frequently, and I would imagine that the did the same for Windows 7 as well ( chances are that if you've updated your Windows 7 via Windows update, then you vcredist is up to date; but it never hurts to make sure).

Lastly, as stable as Win7 has been/is relative to Vista, it's never a good idea to migrate your projects to a new OS that's strictly speaking still in Beta. You might have to go back to Vista/XP.
Anonymous
Not applicable
so yer i compleatly disabled DEP and also tryed exemptions first.. still no luck with my VCredslists stopping at x86 every time....

i dont get a VCredlist folder in my install folder eather? is that normal some one mentioned if they failed to just run the x86 and x64 from the VCredlist in the main Archicad 12 folder... but yer i dont have that <_> i guess ill now go hunting for newer VCredlists...?...

Windows compontent install failed this is not a valid windows component blaa blaa... zzzzzzzzzzz <__> hope some one can help me

im going to try switching from the 185.20 to 181.71 windows7 beta drivers... does any one know a nice stable nvid driver for archicad... (i can install any vista drivers i thiink)..

microsoft only has 3 VCredist files up on its site.. x86 x64 and x86 SP1 going to get them all and try again.. hurrr

do i need the file structure of a VCredist folder in my main archicad folder for it to funtion right? or will i be ok with my install with out one ? as far as i can tell thats the only thing failing in the install but im starting to think its prob not the reason for the often launch up crashes and slow/unresponsive start... hurrrr