Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Have a straight ramp, need to trim the walls?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I just was wondering if someone could solve the pickle I'm in. I have a ramp, just a straight ramp, though I'am finding it difficult trimming the walls on either side of the wall to the ramp.

Thanks for any help

Jamie
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
search on the help file for "Solid Element Operations" you want to do a subtract with upward extrusion. Using the walls as targets and the ramp as operator.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
WoW! Thanks alot man, really appreciate it.
Eduardo Rolon
No problem.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I have another issue with this ramp and walls.

I would like to have my circular ramp have walls on either sides of it, though firstly I can't seem to place the walls on the sides of the ramp.

My second issue is can the same steps be done with a circular ramp to trim the walls?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jamie_K wrote:
I would like to have my circular ramp have walls on either sides of it, though firstly I can't seem to place the walls on the sides of the ramp.
Use the Wall Tool curved wall construction method, probably the center point option will work best.
Jamie_K wrote:
My second issue is can the same steps be done with a circular ramp to trim the walls?
This will probably work. Some objects do not work with SEO, it depends on how the object was written.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14