Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publisher again...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got another weird issue with AC12 PDF publisher. Again not really much of an issue, but odd non the less.

On my main work PC, (dell running XP pro) when I publish my drawings to PDF out of AC12, they(the PDF Files) are approximately 2/3rds the file size then if I publish the exact same drawing the exact same way from my laptop (HP running vista)

Any ideas why that would be.. like I said its no real drama, just an oddity that’s bugging me
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
GeNOS wrote:
Got another weird issue with AC12 PDF publisher. Again not really much of an issue, but odd non the less.

On my main work PC, (dell running XP pro) when I publish my drawings to PDF out of AC12, they(the PDF Files) are approximately 2/3rds the file size then if I publish the exact same drawing the exact same way from my laptop (HP running vista)

Any ideas why that would be.. like I said its no real drama, just an oddity that’s bugging me
Are they both publishing at the same DPI?
I am sure they will be if it is the same plan.

I am guessing that the built-in PDF converter for XP is slightly different to the one for Vista, resulting in the different file sizes.
If you have an external PDF printer installed and you PRINT to that (rather than publish) you will find the file size will be smaller still.

The built-in PDF converter is not very economical with the file size.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Is it just a "smallest sector" issue? Are you hard drives significantly different in size?

One test would be to copy a file from your Desktop to your Laptop and see if it changes in size...

Just guessing...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
nope.. taking it from the lap top on to the PC its actually bigger again LOL