Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Looking for windows and doors for your BIM projects?

Dennis Lee
Booster
I got an email with this subject, and had a slight slight hope that their definition of "BIM" included our beloved software.

I think Graphisoft needs to do something about this, no? This door/ window isn't gonna make me switch anytime soon, but who knows when this kind of thing happens everywhere like we have DWG from manufactureres now? Heaven forbid, what if they switch out DWG to RVT files in the future?

greenshot_2009-05-28_13-27-43.jpg
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
it is happening already

if you look into it you'll see what GS promised they seem to be delivering....huge families of revit models can be had from product manufacturers.....

my bone of contention would include the fact that GS need to revise libraries every release. Life should not be so difficult. where is backward compatibility? its these things that stretch friendships.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is where you can go to let Pella know you want GDL window objects for Archicad.

http://web.pella.com/supportcenter/Pages/ContactUs.aspx

Really, quite easy.
At this page they don't make you fill out tons of questions that aren't relevant.

Or if your felling lazy, try this:
Or, if you prefer, you may call our (Pella) Customer Service Center at 1-800-728-1017. Customer Service Representatives are available to assist you M-F from 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m., SAT from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., or SUN 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., Central Standard Time.

Tell a friend!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dennis wrote:
Heaven forbid, what if they switch out DWG to RVT files in the future?
Then we'd all be in trouble.
Pete
Newcomer
GS delivered on that promise years ago. Did we not have a full GDL Pella (and Andersen) library back in version 7 or 8?
Those libraries may or may not work with AC12, but I bet they are no less functional than the ones Pella has made for Revit users.
Pete Read
ArchiCAD 12; Artlantis Studio 2
MacBook Pro 2.4 Core2Duo, 2GB, OSX(10.5) and XPpro(SP3)
Anonymous
Not applicable
rwallis wrote:
imy bone of contention would include the fact that GS need to revise libraries every release
GS revises the libraries to take advantage of new features and add features and functions (as well as fix bugs of course). I have parts written over ten years ago that still work just fine. ArchiCAD's library parts have exceptional backwards compatibility.
Erich
Contributor
I attended a TruStile door presentation today and had the opportunity to discuss the need for ArchiCAD parts. He was going to have their technical department talk with me about what we need.

While that is certainly no promise of TruStile creating a door part for our use, the more we squeak the more likely the manufacturers are likely to listen and not just respond to marketing hype.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich wrote:
the more we squeak the more likely the manufacturers are likely to listen and not just respond to marketing hype.
I agree, it's up to us all to yell for ArchiCAD content.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Pella looked into it, but because 60 something % of the BIM users are supposedly using Revit, they decided to only make them for Revit. My local Pella rep actually directed me to the website saying they had parts for ArchiCAD, but he was mistaken...

Marvin has 3D windows for ArchiCAD. Just stick with Marvin, they make a better window anyway.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven wrote:
because 60 something % of the BIM users are supposedly using Revit,
yea it's frustrating, apparently what's happening is Autodesk is bundling Revit with their other upgrades eg AutoCAD. So a lot of people have Revit, but that doesn't mean their using it.