Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Problems printing now with new MacBook Pro

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking for some help... I am running ArchiCAD 10 and recently replaced my old MacBook Pro with a new one. Now when I go to print I don't have the scale options etc...

I have tried to update and have ran the "check for updates" with no luck.

Here is what it looks like with the old computer:

and what it now looks like:

I am assuming its something simple... thanks for any help.
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Check your printer drivers using Software Update, if Ok, delete the plotter and add it again. Ideally to add it you should connect it by USB first and then run Software Update again since Mac OS sometimes forget to update the drivers if you only connect to the plotter wireless. I don't have your plotter but my print page shows the info "correctly".
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
The problem screenshot may be an issue with running AC 10 on a Mac with two monitors as I recall. Do you have more than one monitor? If so, make sure that the main AC windows (plan, section, etc) are on your primary monitor (with the menu bar - dock location is not relevant) and then see what the print dialog looks like.

The bug is what you illustrate - the print dialog will not show any of the required settings.

This bug was fixed in AC 11.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Mark Wallace
Enthusiast
From time to time, I have a similar problem in dealing with prints and their sheet scale; especially when using my ‘legacy files’ created in earlier versions of ArchiCAD.

In your first screen shot, at the button titled ‘Margin Options.’ Instead of choosing the option to ‘use printer margins,’ I use the other option; ‘use layout margins.’

That operation usually forces a proper scaling of your printed page to 100% with respect to sheet and margins giving you the desired output.

I've noticed that when you do this, the page diagram of your image schematic to right of the button in the sheet outlined in a 'blue square' turns to a 'red square.'

I just had to do this again yesterday afternoon with a project file created several years ago, but the client needed a copy of older drawing.

HTH’s

Mark

MacBook 2.53 Ghz, Intel Core i5, 8 Gb,
Mac OSX (Sierra 10.12.6,
ArchiCAD 22 USA Full, +21, & 20.
Anonymous
Not applicable
THANKS! That did it.... very strange. This also explains why the other new MacBook Pro in the office was not having this problem.

Appreciate your (and the others) help.
Thanks
Karl wrote:
The problem screenshot may be an issue with running AC 10 on a Mac with two monitors as I recall. Do you have more than one monitor? If so, make sure that the main AC windows (plan, section, etc) are on your primary monitor (with the menu bar - dock location is not relevant) and then see what the print dialog looks like.

The bug is what you illustrate - the print dialog will not show any of the required settings.

This bug was fixed in AC 11.

Karl
Karl Ottenstein
Glad that fixed it for you!

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB