BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rotating the whole project. How?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have done some project (pretty big, about 4 hectars). I created it in, a shape of portrait (larger heigh, smaller width). Now it seems that i need to print it as a Landscape.

Is there a way for me to rotate the whole project by 90 degrees? I am afraid of a fact, that i can only rotate the content of the specific floor, not the whole project(by this project, i mean the content of all the floors). Is this correct?

Or is there any way, i could just rotate the floor plans, at the printing layouts?

Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
vistasp
Advisor
nedostizni wrote:
Is there a way for me to rotate the whole project by 90 degrees? I am afraid of a fact, that i can only rotate the content of the specific floor, not the whole project(by this project, i mean the content of all the floors). Is this correct?

Or is there any way, i could just rotate the floor plans, at the printing layouts?
You can rotate your whole project using the thick marquee or you can just rotate the plan in layout they way you would any other element or object. Be sure to choose a landscape format for the paper.

Ctrl+E is your friend. 😉
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Erika Epstein
Booster
vistasp wrote:
You can rotate your whole project using the thick marquee or you can just rotate the plan in layout they way you would any other element or object. Be sure to choose a landscape format for the paper.
You may need to review the settings of your text, labels and zone tags so that they will print correctly.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
vistasp
Advisor
Erika wrote:
You may need to review the settings of your text, labels and zone tags so that they will print correctly.
True, that!
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for all the answers. You are all wonderful.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is one other thing: if you have drawn 2D stuff in your Sections/Elevations then these will now not be at the correct location if you did not not rotate the whole Project around the Project Origin. So you have to check these if this case applies to you.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tip Laszlo.

That is a "heavy marquee". 4thhorns used this term here. Is that the marquee itselft? Or some other kind of marquee?

Also, when i put the marquee at the whole project of the floor story, for example, do i then have to choose Edit -> Select all, and then rotate around it`s projects center point?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When you draw a polygon or rectangle with the Marquee Tool its border can be thin or heavy. You can set on the Info Box which one. The thin one will select elements the Home Story of which is the current Story, the heavy (thick) border Marquee will select elements on all Stories.
So when doing this rotation, you need the thick Marquee, and have all your layers visible and unlocked.

Do not say Select All. Just use the Rotate command and all elements within the thick Marquee will be rotated. Yes, you should use the Project Origin as the center of rotation.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don`t know how to thank you Laszlo. You are a god. Thanks once again.

P.S.

The site is wonderful. Keep it that way, your brilliant.
Learn and get certified!