Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 10 & Amyuni 64-bit

bigE
Participant
I have looked through the forums and the wiki but I havent got a specific answer so I thought I would post.

I am installing ArchiCAD 10 on a Windows XP 64-bit machine. Obviously the save as pdf functionality is missing from the Publisher. I have downloaded the trial version of the Amyuni Convertor to test if the save as funtionality would return. After installing the trial version it is still not available.

Does anyone know if I get the full version of the convertor that it will work for sure? Or do I need the PDF Suite?

I do also have AC11 and AC12 on the machine and the save as is working as promised. We have a large project in AC10 that I would like the save as function for, so that we dont have to update the project to version 12 right now.

Thanks in advance
Eric
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
I doubt if full version enables Save as option. But you can produce PDF by printing to Amyuni PDF Converter as a printer. No differences. So, if you are thinking about purchasing 64-bit PDF output package, it'll work anyway.

You can test saving trough printing with some free PDF package, for example: http://www.cutepdf.com/. I've never used it, I am googling just now. It has 64-bit version.

Cheers,
Leo
Djordje
Ace
bigE wrote:
I have looked through the forums and the wiki but I havent got a specific answer so I thought I would post.

I am installing ArchiCAD 10 on a Windows XP 64-bit machine.
If it were XP 32, it would work. Amyuni that is provided with 10 is only 32 bit.

So, install on a 32bit Windows and all is well ... always, before installing, read the requirements. Old software on new computers does not always work properly.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
bigE
Participant
thanks for the replies but still doesnt give me the answer, hopefully some one out there has done this.

I have to install AC10 on 64bit windows, it works fine, and I can print to pdf. but...

I want to know if anyone has restored the "save as pdf" functionality to the AC10 publisher on a 64-bit platform.

thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
As Djordje already answered, Amyuni that is provided with 10 is only 32 bit. You can be absolutely sure, that Graphisoft won't add this functionality to this old version.

Why PDF printing isn't enough for you? You can create a Publisher Set, select Print method for publishing and generate PDFs for all documents in the Set trough printing. Do you see any differences between Save As and Print settings?

Cheers,
Leo
bigE
Participant
I understand its only 32-bit. The wiki states the Amyuni 64-bit version will work (available for purchase), I'm trying to figure out if it actaully does work, was hoping if someone could tell me before purchasing it. The wiki may say it works, but I'm looking for someone to tell me that it actaully restores the save-as from publisher.

The project is already setup using the save-as and is quite large. Was trying to not have to redo any work. Also our user base uses the save-as method and always has. I dont want multiple users having to remember for a specific project how they have to operate differently. Especially if someone makes new sets under the save-as method and the 64-bit user gets in and has to redo all the sets that have been made.

Theres no difference, just in a multiple user environment change usually equals problems. If I can quelch any possible changes to habits and project setup it would save a bunch of headaches.

Thanks for the comments!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, you have explained your reasons very clearly. Unfortunately, I don't know the right answer. I guess ArchiCAD can't see difference between trial and full versions, but I can't be absolutely sure.
Djordje
Ace
bigE wrote:
The project is already setup using the save-as and is quite large. Was trying to not have to redo any work.
Duplicate the Publisher set, specify Print instead of SaveAs, set PDF printer. Done.
bigE wrote:
Also our user base uses the save-as method and always has.
///
Theres no difference, just in a multiple user environment change usually equals problems. If I can quelch any possible changes to habits and project setup it would save a bunch of headaches.
Whoa ... if you do this, good luck! If you do NOT initiate changes to the habits all the time, you are faced with a nightmare. Change is not the problem, documenting it is, as is the followup. A lot of work to do.

The obvious thing to do would be to upgrade to 12, of course, but you have a lot of reasons above why that would prove to be even more impossible.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Duplicate the Publisher set, specify Print instead of SaveAs, set PDF printer. Done.
Unless there's something I'm missing, this results in being prompted as to where to save the resulting PDF for every sheet. This is extremely time consuming on layouts with more than 5 or so sheets.

Before ArchiCAD 10 we would print via "selected layouts in navigator". This was pretty slow with the Adobe PDF printer, about 40 minutes for 20 sheets. The publishing via amyumi was a very welcomed new feature.

I am also looking for a reasonable solution to this issue.

Phil