Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

MeP Modeler: key not found or not valid

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having problems with the MEP modeler plugin for ArchiCAD 12. I keep getting <protection key not found or not valid for MEP Modeler (1050017). ArchiCAD 12 loads fine and recognizes the key

I have the latest update for ArchiCAD installed
Installed the MEP Modeler
Installed the Wibu key update

I have tried reinstalling both all of the components several times. I have also tried with the Wibu key plugged into the computer as well as having the key on the license server.

Any other ideas what the problem could be?
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
marcsang wrote:
Installed the Wibu key update
There is a difference between updated Wibu software, and actually updating the key itself. Not sure from your wording which you did.

Go (again, if necessary) to:
https://upgrade.graphisoft.com
with your key plugged into your machine. You should then be able to read the status of the information stored inside your keyplug to see if it has indeed been upgraded to be able to run the MEP package. You should see (at least) two licenses, as in my screenshot below.

If you do not see MEP, then click the 'Upgrade' button and enter the code that you received with your MEP package.

Cheers,
Karl
wibukey.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks that solved the problem. for some reason I was given the MEP Modler cd which contained the install package for MEP and I was also give what I thought was an exe to update the wibu key.

After going to the webiste and upateing the key, MEP Modiler works.

Thanks again.
Karl Ottenstein
Glad it was easy. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB