Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ac11 - Complex profile mouldings don't appear in elevation v

Robert Nichols
Advocate
The only time I can get these profiles to register in a section/elevation view is when they bisect the section line at 90 degrees. If the complex profiles are parallel to the section line (orthographic elevation) or even crossing it at an angle other than 90, there is NO indication at all that an object exists in the space.

Is this well known? Am I forgetting to flip the right switch?

Thanks.
Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post a screenshot to illustrate the problem?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it the Interior Elevation you are talking about?

Could the view blocking wall setting mentioned in this thread have something to do with it?

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=101820&highlight=elevation+cut#101820
fuzzytnth3
Booster
When you drew your complex profile fill, where does it sit relative to the 0,0 point of the Complex Profile Editor window?

When I first started using Complex Profiles I had a problem with my Profiles not showing up in my Sections but it was due to the fact they were appearing a couple of storeys above the storey I was cutting a Section through.

Below is a typical cornice scenario, which maybe of some help.

And this is one of the things that is annoying about Complex Profiles. That and curves aren't curves but I suppose you can't have everything

AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics