Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Scale to Autotext

_Salmon
Contributor
i'm trying to desactivate the influence of a view in AUTOTEXT: Scale

any idea?

Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2
26 REPLIES 26
I wish it was possible ;-(

AFAIK impossible (I hope I am wrong)

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Place second drawing as Trace Refference and change Refference Color to original..
Unless You need more eg.schedules to be placed...

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
You will need two layouts - one with a drawing which scale you want to see, one with the drawings (or/and schedules), whose scale is not interested in you. At first all drawings are placed on a single page on which is autotext, afterwards "unnecessary" cut and save in second layout, which has no autotext. Then, using the Trace Reference, put on a second Layout on the first.. It is important to remember when printing use the "Print Reference "("Display Reference " if you save to the PDF).
Erika Epstein
Booster
As someone at Graphisoft Budapest recently pointed out to me, first pick which CATEGORY autotext refers to, and then pick what AUTOTEXT ITEM(S) of the the selected reference you want.

First you alt/opt+click on the drawing in question.
Select the drawing, right click and choose 'set as autotext reference'

By default the selected reference is the LAYOUT so if you pick Drawing Name, it will list the names of all the drawings on the Layout.

Instead browse the available references by clicking on the arrow (see screenshot). You will find available the drawing you alt/opt+clicked on available as reference.

Select this and then chose Name and now the autotext will only show the Name of this drawing..
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Erika Epstein
Booster
Categories of autotext. Note that the Proposed South Elevation which I had alt/opt+clicked on is listed as a reference category.
Autotext ref 2.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
_Salmon
Contributor
Done!

Thanks for your fast reply.

And congratulations for this kindly forum. I hope to help with my short experience. And sorry for my english..

al
Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I think I'm having a senior moment but when I try to follow the instructions given above I'm not finding the Referencing option.

I tried alt clicking one of my views first but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Insert Autotext Dialogue
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Nah ha... sussed it. The alt clicking wasn't working for me maybe a "Mac" thing but by right clicking the view I got the command Set as Autotext Reference

Right click View and set as the ref

Then using the text tool select from Category as Referencing and then select Scale
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics