Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Door Frame

Anonymous
Not applicable
All,
I am trying to use manufacturer door frames into my doors but I couldn't find a way import a custom door frames. I have only style 1, style 2, style 3.
Is it possible to customize the door frames?
Thank you

DDJUSA
6 REPLIES 6
Erich
Contributor
This is not possible with the AC library doors without a lot of GDL work.

What is it you are trying to do exactly that you need to show the manufacturer's profile? Is this for a detail or a plan view or something else?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich,
Thank you for the quick response.
I am looking at the door settings and see that we can change the frame style (style1, style 2, etc). GS could add the custom feature like the "custom panel" choice that we have in the door panel settings... Wishful thinking....

However,
I could make a custom frame using:

1. A cautom profile using the a beam
2. Draw the fram in floor plan
3. Add the panel door
4. Create a custom panel
5. Insert a new door with the "custom panel"
6. Make all the pens white for the 2D repr.
7. Isert a new wall
8. Input a new door without any frame
9. See atatched jpg for result.

Lot of work but it is possible to make it.

GS needs to add the custom frame..tough

Thank you anyway

DDJUSA
TEST DOOR FRAME CUSTOM.jpg
Erich
Contributor
I am still not certain why you need this (not that I am against it at all - I think the standard library parts need quite a bit more flexibility). It appears that you want to use a hollow metal door frame from your image. But why do you need to show this level of detail in plan? Wouldn't it make more sense in a detail where you can make it look however you want? Then for the plan you can take one of the standard library doors and adjust it to mimic the appearance of the hollow metal frame for elevation purposes, even if the details are not absolutely correct in plan.

However, I have not used hollow metal doors in a long time so perhaps I am missing something.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich,
Thank you. It is just client of mine wanted to make sure can insert a manufacturer door frame as a custom one. You are definately right on using the regular frame and mimic the custom design, then detail it correctly as an enlarged detail.

Thank you!!
P.S.GS needs more flexibility on this topic though since we can make custom door panel, the frame associated would be nice have it custom too!!

DDJUSA
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same Issue, standard doors and frames works well for standard buildings but If you are designing a luxury one , this sometimes start being custom , and I think that we should have an easy and fast option to do frames as we wish. I think that the tool should be something that gives a solution and do not restict your options, in this case this happens because it takes to much time to do something simple in multiple other softwares. Should be improved, is not less important than other items that are outstanding in this software.
Lingwisyer
Guru
If you copy the macros up to the GeneralDoorUnit you could rewrite the door frame sub-macro to utilise a complex profile.

It would be convenient if GS made it so that you can link their general macros to custom macros without needing to duplicate every macro that is higher in the hierarchy...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660