Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Bim server libraries

Anonymous
Not applicable
My contractor is in another country and we are trying to set up teamwork. The model is on my machine. I can access and edit fine.
She is having problems with the libraries. I have assigned her admin rights but we still can't get it to work. So my question on the libraries is, where should they be based. Ie should she be repathing the libraries to a local library on her machine? What is the fastest set up as it is so slow as to be unuseable at the moment.

Hope this makes sense.
10 REPLIES 10
Erika Epstein
Booster
She should be loading the libraries from your BIM server, same as you, so you both have the same path. The first time can take a while as you are waiting first to upload the libraries from your computer and then downloading them to hers. After this initial library loading only changes are sent and received.
The speed of this will vary based on each of your internet connections.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok thanks, and required set up is as I suspected. I will get her to try loading again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't remove one of my bimserver libraries. I want to change the location of the archicad 13 library. So I try to 'relocate' but this doesn't work. I try to 'remove' with a view to adding the library again afterwards from the new location but this doesn't work either.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still cannot delete the archicad library 13 from the bim server libraries list
Erika Epstein
Booster
just in case, did you reserve the bim server library? I still occasionally get caught out forgetting to reserve something I want to edit.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a similar issue. Updated parts in our Company Standard library located on the BIM server. However library manager in the file shows the old date of the update and new parts are not available.

Reserved the BIm Lib, attempted to delete our Custom lib and replace is send message all other files will be affected and then does nothing.

What is the proper method to repoint and existing library on the BIM server?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone solved this? I am experiencing the same thing. It won't refresh or relocate either. I have since re-added the libraries with another name to get my project file up and running again, but now the new libraries are locked on the bim server too
Frank Beister
Advisor
I have the same or a similar problem here. Some libs I can not delete. Some I can. After the first try (wich keeps the library in the list) I get additional the message, that I can't delete the library. The db is still in the attachment-path, but if I link the (not deleted) library to a project it is marked as not available afterwards.

Strange.

In any reason the deleting process on the server fails and the bim server does not mention it.

The library moved to another server and source path worked quiet well. The library duplicated and added by a new name failes too by deleting.

There is a logfile of the library/attachment activities, which shows, that it does not work, put the meassage there is crypted.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Frank Beister
Advisor
@Keith/Meggz
Can you have a look of any of your folder names to or inside the library contain a dot? Something like "1. Openings"
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm