BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 11/Windows save to Novell Netware error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Using ArchiCAD 9 on several PC, we are currently upgrading to Vista and ArchiCAD 11 and face the following issue :

When we save to a Novell Netware drive we get an error stating "Writing permission error" (in fact "Erreur de permission d'ecriture" in french), this error does not occur when we save to a Windows Server drive. We have all the rights to the drives involved, doing a protocol analysis of the saving process shows that ArchiCAD tries some "complex" file tasks when saving, including creating and deleting a file (this shows that it is not a real rights issue), that is probably not supported by our Netware 6.5 SP7 server.

Any idea how to simplify the save process or a fix for our a case ?

Thanks

Patrick
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Holm
Booster
You've got to set the server folders that Archicad accesses full read and write permissions for all. I've no idea how to do that on a Netware server. One way may be to make Archicad run as admin. If you don't know how to do that you'll have to wait for a better answer or check with your reseller's support.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks,
The problem is that I have full rights to the directory (it's the same than the one I use in AC9). As told when I trace the network traffic I can see a file creation and a deletion before the error message pops up, I obviously do not have a file rights problem, I think the source of my problem is in additionnal unsupported (by Novell Netware) file properties manipulations. My question is : Is there a way to tell AC to do a "simple" file save....

Thanks

Patrick
Karl Ottenstein
pambuhl wrote:
Thanks,
The problem is that I have full rights to the directory (it's the same than the one I use in AC9). As told when I trace the network traffic I can see a file creation and a deletion before the error message pops up, I obviously do not have a file rights problem, I think the source of my problem is in additionnal unsupported (by Novell Netware) file properties manipulations. My question is : Is there a way to tell AC to do a "simple" file save....
AFAIK, there is not way to modify the file actions taken by AC. Perhaps there is a registry setting that someone knows about. But, I think you should phone your reseller for direct support from GS on this one.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!