Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Awning window bug?

Tom Krowka
Booster
In V11, latest build, awning window, interior casing does not show up, either in plan or 3d window.
Can anyone else duplicate this, or do I have one of the settings goofed up?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
7 REPLIES 7
Erich
Contributor
Tom,

Which awning window are you using? The few wood ones I tried all worked fine with the default settings. Playing with the one under metal windows does not yield casings with the default settings but I would not expect it to.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Tom Krowka
Booster
Actually, any window's interior casing doesn't show up. Strange. Doors are fine, so I know it's not a scale issue.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just placed and Awning window for the first time in AC11. It did the same thing. Then I noticed that construction method was set to the middle of the three buttons. In this method you tell AC how far back from the edge of the wall you want to place the window. If it's to far back the window doesn't show right. I usually us the first method which places the window frame flush to the edge of the wall.

Doug
Tom Krowka
Booster
Thanks for the reply. However, my window setting is already set flush to the wall, so that's not it.
I will entertain any other ideas anyone might have....
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Casing trim thk. values?
Tom Krowka
Booster
Tried that also. No matter the thickness, no show. Am putting them into a composite wall, which I created. Don't know how that would affect the window situation, however.
In fact, the preview does not show the interior casing either.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this wall a complex profile? Not sure if that makes a difference yet...Just trying to cover all the bases.

Edit....My bad....Can't use composites in complex profiles?