BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Office Standards + Attribute Manager

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I am currently trying to set up an comprehensive Office standard + template file in AC11. After adding + removing various old + new attributes (and simultaneously reorganizing the attribute #s), the pop-up menus for lines, materials, fills, etc, is completely illogical, i.e. it is organized neither by attribute # nor alphabet. Needless to say it makes it pretty hard to find what you're looking for in a long list. Why is this?

Also, the pop-up list will have a completely different display order between cut, cover, and drafting fills. Can s anyone tell me how to correctly organize attributes? Or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
emerich wrote:
the pop-up menus for lines, materials, fills, etc, is completely illogical, i.e. it is organized neither by attribute # nor alphabet.
Lines and Fills are organized alphabetically by type (first, simple line types/fills alphabetically, followed by symbol line types/fills alphabetically), this you cannot change (unless you want to force a specific order by renaming all of these attributes).

Because of the havoc it can wreak with Library Objects (and the fact that AC recognized most Attributes by their Index Number, not their name), I don't recommend messing with existing Attributes unless you know what you are doing. Search the Forum for other posts regarding this matter.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Learn and get certified!