Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Why is text showing up on different view

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am adding notation on a view of story one and it is showing up on a different view of the same story. Why does it do this? They are two different views of the same floor plan. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
TomWaltz
Participant
Most likely the same layer (that contains the text) is on in both Views.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
So when I add text to a view in the view map it is adding it to the entire project not just on that view? So if i am annotating on a view in the view map I have to have a layer for annotations on the RCP and Floor plan and site plan etc. if they are all pulled from the same story in the project map? Then why annotate in the view map and why not annotate in the layout map?
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
HAL9000 wrote:
Then why annotate in the view map and why not annotate in the layout map?
See this post: here.

I would really recommend some training -- the questions you are posting are pretty basic stuff.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had some training. Thanks for the help
TomWaltz
Participant
HAL9000 wrote:
So when I add text to a view in the view map it is adding it to the entire project not just on that view? So if i am annotating on a view in the view map I have to have a layer for annotations on the RCP and Floor plan and site plan etc. if they are all pulled from the same story in the project map? Then why annotate in the view map and why not annotate in the layout map?
It's all about layers. What layer in your text on? What layers are turned on in the different views?

If you put the text on the wall layer, it's going to show up in both. If you put the text on a text layer, it will only show up in views you turn the text layer on.

Laura does have a point. Layer usage and text sizing are covered in the tutorials and in any training you would take. If you've had training already, then you might want to consider taking it again. You really do need to learn the basics before you can worry about how to make construction documents.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for clarifying Tom
TomWaltz
Participant
... and in case no one told you this yet, Archicad is a REALLY complex program. Even after you get the basics, you'll spend a long time mastering it, especially if you work alone and don't have anyone to learn from as you work. It can be a really long and frustrating experience, but one that I think brings enough productivity (and new billable services) that it's all worth it.

You might want to contact your local reseller to see if there is a local user group that you can go to. You can meet other Archicad users and learn from them there.
Tom Waltz