Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Bill of Quantities for composite structure / complex wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I apologize if discussed before but my search wasn't of any help.

I found "Bill of Quantities" not affected at all by walls intersecting via Skin Priorities.
In AC12, Skin Priorities are still meant for 2D representation purposes only?

Bill of Quantities.png
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I change a composite wall into a complex profile, I'm no longer able to display the thickness of the seperate skins?

Any ideas? I would like to give calulation in ArchiCAD a new try...
Thickness of different skins.png
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
As for the first problem, I think you found a bug.

As for the second: that is a feature. The reason is that in the Profile Manager Dialog you can define any polygonal shape for any of the skins or components of a Complex Profile so there the thickness value does not apply because that skin may not have a constant thickness. That's my idea of it.
Of course, ArchiCAD could be smart enough to know that if you have a component of the Complex Wall that has a constant horizontal thickness, then that field applies. But it is unfortunately not that smart at this point.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
As for the first problem, I think you found a bug.
Let's hope it's a bug! Things can be repaired.
I was not aware GS -already- intended to calculate so nowadays because I skipped calculation in AC6.5 or so .
laszlonagy wrote:
As for the second: that is a feature.
Well, it would be a nice once to indicate something is 'wrong' but not for plain, vertical skins...