Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Wall composite name available to labels.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is an annoying inconsistency. While roof and floor (slab) composite names are available (by global parameter ROOF_COMPS_NAME and SLAB_COMPS_NAME) to the label tool, the wall parameter (WALL_COMPS_NAME) is only available to doors and windows.

While this is not a HUGE issue, it would be nice to be able to label walls by type as defined in the composites, and not have to resort to the IS to reset all the IDs.

It would also be nice to be able to read the names of complex profiles so these could also be reliably labeled.

I can't imagine it would be that hard to do.

BTW: I am voting essential because I have a pressing need for this and am feeling a bit frustrated.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
OOOPS! My mistake.

The WALL_COMPS_NAME does work in labels too. I had a typo in my script that had it reading a null value.

I'd still like to see a global for the profile name though.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did a label and wanted to have it concluded a name of profile of the wall. I tried to use the parameter "ac_wall_profile_name", but did not receive a positive result. Try to you. Perhaps you have more experience in the GDL.

Information on "ac_wall_profile_name" is here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/techsupport/documentation/developer_docs/BasicLibraryDoc/11/LibDevGuid...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Valery wrote:
I did a label and wanted to have it concluded a name of profile of the wall. I tried to use the parameter "ac_wall_profile_name", but did not receive a positive result. Try to you. Perhaps you have more experience in the GDL.

Information on "ac_wall_profile_name" is here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/techsupport/documentation/developer_docs/BasicLibraryDoc/11/LibDevGuid...
Thanks for the link. I'll try it out.

Silly me I just looked in the reference manual. It does get frustrating that these sorts of things aren't better documented.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Valery wrote:
I tried to use the parameter "ac_wall_profile_name", but did not receive a positive result. Try to you. Perhaps you have more experience in the GDL.
I tried the parameter (just a quick check) and got nothing (empty string). The trouble is it's not a proper global parameter and doesn't seem to be wired to pick up the value.

GDL really needs an overhaul!!!