Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3d marquee tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seasons greetings all,

I am building a pretty large model when i put a marquee around a part of the model and use the F4 command the 3D window comes up blank - Has anybody had experience of this _ i think its just a simple setting issue as it was working fine and help ? or guidance would be grateful _

Myles
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Myles:

A few things to check:
1. Is the camera pointed at the part of the model you have marqueed? (If you change to a Parallel Perspective setting, can you see the model?)
2. Filter Elements in 3D: appropriate story and element selection?
3. This thread: Thin (Single Story) Marquee does not show all elements in 3D.
4. Single story (thin) or all stories (thick) Marquee?
5. If you select with the Arrow Tool rather than the Marquee Tool, same result?

Others may have additional suggestions.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David thank you for help - i have done all of the listed however i turned everything off and quit Archicad and now all seems fine - but still very annoying to happen for such long time -

Thanks again for your help and advice

Regards

Myles
Anonymous
Not applicable
Myles

After you get your blank 3D window, try clicking on the "Fit to screen" button (magnifying glass icon with four arrows pointing outwards on the bottom left side of the 3D window). This always works for me when I have altered the camera angle for another view.

S
Djordje
Ace
solitaire wrote:
After you get your blank 3D window, try clicking on the "Fit to screen" button (magnifying glass icon with four arrows pointing outwards on the bottom left side of the 3D window). This always works for me when I have altered the camera angle for another view.
Before that, set the projection to a parallel one.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen