Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex wall profile material change

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created a 240 brick veneer wall with a step down to suit a 170 recessed slab. I cant seen to change the external skin or the internal skin material type. I can change the wall end material but not the faces. Is there something simple im missing or is a bit more complicated.

Cheers
8 REPLIES 8
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Kev:

In the Profile Manager, select the fill that defines the wall, click on the edge where you want to change the material, select the magnet icon, in the dialog box select the material you want.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
kryan05 wrote:
I have created a 240 brick veneer wall with a step down to suit a 170 recessed slab. I cant seen to change the external skin or the internal skin material type. I can change the wall end material but not the faces. Is there something simple im missing or is a bit more complicated.

Cheers

yes, plz read manual about that ! just press F1 when u r in archicad
in search type "complex profile"
Read manual

After u read manual u will see that u can help your self
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dave,
Your right Necko i should read the manual, i will make sure i do that next time i post a thread. Only new to forums, once i get the hang of them and understand what people will and will not reply to i will have a better understanding.

cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
kryan05 wrote:
Thanks Dave,
Your right Necko i should read the manual, i will make sure i do that next time i post a thread. Only new to forums, once i get the hang of them and understand what people will and will not reply to i will have a better understanding.

cheers

We will always help, but trust me - u will save your time if u use archicad help first and if u cant find there solution or u just cant make some things to work, write here and if it is possible put picture of your problem and trust me your problem will be solved as soon as possible...

Welcome aboard
Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally understand
Cheers mate, appreciate it
Anonymous
Not applicable
The materials changed fine but now when i add a window, the external skin is now missing. Very confused.
Should i have made another thread for this topic is it ok here

cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
kryan05 wrote:
The materials changed fine but now when i add a window, the external skin is now missing. Very confused.
Should i have made another thread for this topic is it ok here

cheers

can u send me your file with wall and window...
it can be modeling error (your error):)
i want to see your complex profile wall
u can send it to
necko77@gmail.com
u can save file as archive
see pic attached
problem_wall.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is my problem !

PH-parapet high
1-white material
2-red material
3-red material (inner side of wall)
W-material

i want to know is it possible to adjast W to some other material

PH of window decide what color will be W
Now PH is at material 1 and W is same color as 1
if i lower window to material 2, W will become same as material 2

I want to adjast W to be, lets say orange color !
Is that possible and if it is not can we make it to become Archicad Wish !