Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mesh tool as site modelling

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been utilising the mesh tool to model site terrains from detail surveyor drawings taken relative to a datum point;
Are there some practical shortcuts to the otherwise time consuming process of entering survey level heights individually or as a group;
What about cutting out an area within a mesh - is it possible to retain the levels of a mesh and just divide it up into smaller parcels? Great tool - but I suspect I am under-utilising its potential.

Is there a tutorial on the mesh tool for this scenario?
I have not found one yet.
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
archidevo wrote:
I have been utilising the mesh tool to model site terrains from detail surveyor drawings taken relative to a datum point;
Are there some practical shortcuts to the otherwise time consuming process of entering survey level heights individually or as a group;
What about cutting out an area within a mesh - is it possible to retain the levels of a mesh and just divide it up into smaller parcels? Great tool - but I suspect I am under-utilising its potential.

Is there a tutorial on the mesh tool for this scenario?
I have not found one yet.
There are few around here, check the Tips section and ArchiCAD Wiki.

Also, take a look at ArchiTerra by Cigraph.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does any one have a link to further info on producing a grid of levels, I've used the mesh tool before and am familiar with adding Z heights. Is it possible to produce contour lines ?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jus wrote:
Is it possible to produce contour lines ?
Jus:

To extract contour lines from a mesh, see this thread:
Getting contour lines from a mesh

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks.

Has anyone used Archicad for serious cut & fill analysis; is it possible ?